FR: Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime

Feedback from guys I have personally worked with either thru
-Phone Coaching
-1on1's
-Project X

FR: Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime

Postby Sacks » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi. This is my first post. I have been a lurker on these forums for a few weeks now, and after reading many of the posts here and on other PUA forums I decided to do a 1on1 with Bravo. The reason I am writing this review because I am sure there are other lurkers out there like me that are cautious about a 1 on 1.

Let me being by telling you a little bit about myself. I am 26 years old and live in a tiny Wisconsin town of about 5000 people. I am new to pickup but have done lots of reading from other PUA books and have spent the last few months or so lurking on various forums and reading PUA blogs. I got into pickup because I was not happy with my live, also - I am a virgin. I have huge AA when talking with women and even if I had openers memorized I still got too nervous to remember them. I was a very standard nerd growing up, I hardly ever talked to attractive girls in high school/college so I was very awkward around attractive women, and that awkwardness grew with me as I grew up. The good thing about being a nerd is we tend to get good jobs as we get older, and I am no different. I have a good job and because of this I decided to buy something that would help get more women in my life. At first I was going to buy a motorcycle, or travel to some cool foreign place. But I have always loved the saying “Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.” So I decided to spend my money on knowledge.

I knew I needed to learn from someone first hand, reading books and blog posts will only get you so far, I wanted someone to personally show me what I am doing wrong and how it’s done. I did TONS of research on the best way to handle this, I was very close to doing a bootcamp but after reading some blogs on it and a few bad reviews on bootcamps in general, I decided that while a bootcamp would help me, a 1 on 1 would be the best route. I looked around for someone that would do 1 on 1 coaching, and that’s when I found out about Bravo. When l saw all of the positive reviews about Bravo my first reaction was “All of these good reviews are on HIS (bravoPUA.com) site, so of course I am only going to find good reviews here, if there were any bad ones, he would just delete them”. So I searched the whole internet for bad reviews on Bravo. I couldn’t find one. This gave me confidence, because if it turned out that Bravo was just a poser, then I could at least harm his reputation with a bad review on an external website. After weeks of research, I e-mailed bravo and we setup a 1on1.

I scheduled 3 days with Bravo. I originally was going to do 2 days but am glad I did 3. On day 1 Bravo quickly realized that I had very little DHV in my life. My favorite food was pizza hut, my favorite movie was a children’s Disney movie, and my only hobbies were video games like world of WarCraft/Star Wars. He personalized the 1 on 1 experience to be geared toward what would not just improve my relationships with women but improve my life. He broke down my life and found so many areas in my life that were DLV. He also pointed out area of my life that I thought were DLV and was I ashamed of them, but he showed me that with a positive frame and confidence, parts of my life can be DHV instead of DLV. I am not going to get into the deep details, but day 1 was a real eye-opener on how I handle both women, and my life.

Day 2 was the field day. We started in by going over approach/what to say/ect, but then we hit the mall. I was so scarred I couldn’t think. My first approaches were so awkward but Bravo was there with me to break down each interaction. After a while, with Bravo’s help I realized how stupid approach anxiety is. I can’t believe a little fear stopped me from talking to so many women in my life. After a few approaches I had some positive interactions and each interaction was once again broken down by bravo and shown how it could have been improved. The best part of day 2 was the fashion makeover. I normally wear baggy clothes that are too big for me, but that’s not the style anymore. So bravo had me wear some cloths that to me seemed very tight and skinny. I complained about this, but what did Bravo do? He had 3-4 girls outside my dressing room giving me feedback. Throughout the whole day, every time I complained about my clothes he asked a girl how they looked on me and the response was always positive. I had another day of eye-opening knowledge from Bravo.

On day 3 Bravo started by going over a few things about the approaches on the previous night, he once again impressed on me ways to have a strong frame, how to deal with resistance, and how to lead in a conversation and on a date. After another amazing meal Bravo was ready to hit the field with me again, but since this was the last day I wanted to do something with huge DHV value. So we hit the gun range. I have never held a gun before and if I never met Bravo I would probably have gone my whole life without appreciating guns. I now have a huge DHV story as to why I went down to Arizona and a new hobby in my life. We ended the weekend by having some great food and some hand to hand combat training. Then it was back to my life, with a new mindset and a new understanding.

Overall – this will be another amazing review for Bravo. I spent a whole years’ worth of vacation money on this trip, so I was nervous about giving this much money to some guy I met on the internet, but it was worth it. If you are someone who is thinking about doing a 1on1, then your greatest asset is research. With all the research I did I couldn’t find one reason NOT to do this. Bravo is not just a PUA coach, he's a life coach. He didn’t just give me a fish - he taught me how to fish.
Sacks

Re: FR: Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime

Postby DJNinja » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:00 am

Welcome to the best pickup/lifestyle redesign forum on the Internets! Glad that you had an incredible experience working with Bravo!

Now comes the hard part: keeping the momentum going and not letting your investment go to waste. It's easy after a few months to backslide into old AFC habits, so it's best to ride the momentum while it's still hot, get in-field, put in the work until this becomes almost second nature to you!

Looking forward to more FRs from you and your eventual first of many Lay Reports!
DJNinja
Purple Belt X
Purple Belt X

Location: The land of sunshine, great weather, babes, bikinis, and all things awesome

Re: FR: Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime

Postby Ice » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Hey Sacks

First off welcome to the best forum on the interweb

Second - to get most from your learning on here, you'll want to write things out clear and concise - best if they're easily scan-able. I try to get to as many posts as we can, but with limited time, I know I can easily move on to another post if I can't read a person's post.

Lastly, good to see you on here - I came here because I met Bravo in-person at Mystery's seminar... long story short I learned more from Bravo that weekend than all of Mystery's coaches combined.
Ice
Purple Belt X
Purple Belt X

Return to Feedback from guys I've coached