Flashlight saved me from a fight

Weapons, tactics, training, and gear

Flashlight saved me from a fight

Postby Rambotito » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:05 am

Hi guys.
I watched Bravo's speech at the 21convention on self defense about a month ago and decided to carry a flashlight everywhere just in case.
So yesterday i went to a night club with a female friend and we had a great time and at about 3:30am we left the club and searched somewhere to eat.
So we came across a few drunk guys laying on the sidewalk in the middle of the street and one of them asked me for a ciggarette. When i told him i dont have one and so didnt my friend he started cursing and yelling and got up. but he still didnt came close and kept a distance. of course i immediatly grabbed my friend's hand and started walking away, but then he ran and blocked my way and got close to me, too close, i told him to leave us alone but he didnt so i pushed him real hard like a meter away and quickly pulled out the flashlight from my back pocket and aimed right in his eyes and he immediatly fell on the floor yelling. He's friends didnt realy do anything the whole time, but when he fell down they got up so again i grabbed my friend's hand and we ran away. fortunatly he's friends didnt chase us, they were confused about what happened and checked what happened to the guy.
Rambotito

Re: Flashlight saved me from a fight

Postby DJNinja » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:31 am

Glad that you and your friend are ok.

I also carry a flashlight everywhere and have a similar story.

It is DHV Gold. I hope you're telling girls this story, it's got awesome DHV spikes everywhere. Pre-selection, protector of loved ones, etc. And most importantly, it's a true story and totally congruent with you.
DJNinja
Purple Belt X
Purple Belt X

Location: The land of sunshine, great weather, babes, bikinis, and all things awesome

Postby Footsy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm

really? I never knew this about flashlights.

Obviously the guy was a douchebag, and his friends seemed to not give a fuck.
-Footsy
Footsy
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Stephen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Awesome brother!

I helped teach the Surefire Power of Light course when I worked with my old tactical company

A whole weekend course on how to fuck people up with a flashlight.

:D

Glad you are safe, protected your friend, and if you really want to get deep, defended yourself without harming another.... Which I could go either way on that.

;)

Assuming your sending me a bottle of whiskey or something as a thank you.

RIGHT?????

;)
Respectfully,
Bravo

"Eighty percent of success is showing up" James Allen

When in doubt just think...
WWBD™ = What Would Bravo Do
Stephen
Site Admin/Black Belt
Site Admin/Black Belt

Postby Rambotito » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Knowing u helped to save one's security (and a hot chick's security as well) is a big thank you :)
by the way, i got the pussy that night
Rambotito

Postby Stealth » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:39 pm

I, too, carry a fleshlight
Stealth
Purple Belt X
Purple Belt X

Postby DrPepper » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Stealth wrote:I, too, carry a fleshlight

Fucking hilarious. Those can save your life for sure!!
DrPepper
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Casanova » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Hey i just wanted to say I watched bravo's video on getting a flashlight, I think that's a genius idea. I am unfortunately weak (I have good endurance but in a fight I am toast! My buddy I hang out with all the time though is scarily huge and people think twice before starting up. I try to avoid fights at all costs though).

I cannot work out or do any type of martial arts (although I'd really love to) because I have a recurring shoulder problem, (it's dislocated 14 times in the past 2 years, any slight movement in the wrong direction will make it pop out. I've already had one surgery and waiting on the 2nd one. It's really hard for me cause I love sports). Instead I do running. I'm doing Xcountry in college and I can run a mile in 6 minutes so when it comes to running away from a potential fight, I can do that!

I was always searching for a way to help protect myself should the need arise so thanks Bravo and thanks OP for sharing your story. This flashlight idea seems perfect!!

Cheers!
Casanova
NEVER settle for less than you deserve
Casanova
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Fame » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 pm

I was hit by a taxi, dislocated and tore my shoulder cuff, it still pops grom time to time but I'm stronger than ever now. That being said there is an extreme team of veterans who are missing limbs and still work out.
"Your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habbits, your habbits become your character, your character becomes your destiny." From the book Get Selected
Fame
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby madmax » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:00 pm

surefire makes great torches. But the suppressors that they make from inconel are just stupid quiet. Awesome company.
madmax
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Return to The Armory