Bravo- Tactical Self Defense & Firearm Selection Speech

Weapons, tactics, training, and gear

Bravo- Tactical Self Defense & Firearm Selection Speech

Postby Stephen » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:00 pm

From the 21 convention a few months ago

this talk was geared towards the everyday guy who has almost 0% real knowledge of guns or some laws pertaining to them and self defense

it has the ads in the vid, but hosted online for free and thought it would fit perfectly in here

any questions- ask away!
Respectfully,
Bravo

"Eighty percent of success is showing up" James Allen

When in doubt just think...
WWBD™ = What Would Bravo Do
Stephen
Site Admin/Black Belt
Site Admin/Black Belt

Re: Bravo- Tactical Self Defense & Firearm Selection Speech

Postby DrPepper » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:06 am

Bravo you put together a good presentation that covers basic stuff for guys that aren't exposed to this kind of thing often. One or two things have been updated with the TASER and OC stuff but its minor stuff that wouldn't matter with the audience you were addressing.

The last question was interesting because I think it's amazing how unobservant most people are in their day to day lives. When I went through a sniper course 5-6 years ago there was an exercise called a Kim's game we had to play during our down time. It was designed to sharpen your observational skills. You guys can probably google it if you aren't familiar with it. It was BORING AS HELL, but pretty effective in making you observe things more closely.
DrPepper
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Maestro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:31 am

Awesome video.

But shit, I guess I'm going to stop carrying my Aids needle around in my fanny pack. Lol.

Favorite part:

“I should have brought all that stuff, I shoulda pepper sprayed and stun gunned and tazed ya” haha
-Maestro
Project X Alumni
‎"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Alfred Lord Tennyson
Maestro
Brown Belt X
Brown Belt X

Postby Bandit » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Just started cruising through the Armory section of the forum....saw this, clicked on the video and said to myself "Shit, hour and 20 mins? I might watch this later...." Hour and 20 minutes later.....good stuff Bravo!
Henry Rollins - “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.”
“I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone.”
Bandit
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Stephen » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:20 pm

I know!

;)
Respectfully,
Bravo

"Eighty percent of success is showing up" James Allen

When in doubt just think...
WWBD™ = What Would Bravo Do
Stephen
Site Admin/Black Belt
Site Admin/Black Belt

Postby DJNinja » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Watching this reminded me of the conversations we all had at X2, especially that night when the guy almost threw down with Cinema. I'm gonna start carrying a flashlight on me everywhere I go
DJNinja
Purple Belt X
Purple Belt X

Location: The land of sunshine, great weather, babes, bikinis, and all things awesome

Postby Fame » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:45 pm

That Karambit looks familiar...

Actually carry it everyday, the otherday I was waiting at the metro in LA, this chulo gangbanger started talking from a far and walking towards me shouting "what you lookin at puto" so I just pulled it out, hid the blade behind my arm, he kept on with his come at me bro pose "I drop mother fuckers left and right, I'll kill your ass. Not scared of the police."

Nice knowing the whole time he didn't know that I had the blade ready to go. Thanks a lot man, I feel safer everyday, but I wanna learn more, do you think this would be a good investment?

http://sayoc.com/store/product_info.php ... cts_id=139
"Your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habbits, your habbits become your character, your character becomes your destiny." From the book Get Selected
Fame
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Science » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks for posting Bravo, great video. I'm going to buy a flashlight and check out the OODA loop stuff.

I completely agree that as a man we need to be able to defend ourselves and loved ones, and as guys going out picking up chicks (often solo) we place ourselves in an environment that can have an increased risk of danger.

“Master your instrument, Master the music, and then forget all that bullshit and just play.”
Science
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby DJNinja » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Was at a bar last night. This big dude starts hitting on one of my girls, making her feel uncomfortable. So I step to the guy and tell him, "Hey brother, you're making my girl uncomfortable. Be chill and back off, ok?"

He's had a little too much to drink, he's a bit larger than I am, so he starts getting belligerent. So I tell him, "I don't want to start trouble, but back off, that's the last thing I'm going to tell you." I turn away to diffuse the situation.

He swings. I hear my friends react, and with my Ninjalike reflexes I duck in time to avoid the hit, but was fast enough to reach in my pocket for my flashlight.

Turn it on with the thumb trigger so it's on when it leaves my pocket, shine it right in the guy's face, just enough time to blind him and for the bouncers to get to the action and subdue him.

Saved from an ass-kicking by a tiny flashlight. That fucker is lucky.

I told this story to a girl this morning. From there, we talked about self-defense, about her getting hit on by weird dudes in NY, which transitioned nicely into stories of travel, Vegas, etc. By the end of the conversation, she was qualifying herself and asking what I was doing this weekend.

And she has a boyfriend... :)
DJNinja
Purple Belt X
Purple Belt X

Location: The land of sunshine, great weather, babes, bikinis, and all things awesome

Postby JoeBlack » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 pm

After I saw this video it had me thinking on taking up some knife training courses, but every class that popped up is for law enforcement and military only. Are these classes ONLY for government officials Bravo?-JB
A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks. He becomes.-Mohandas Gandhi

Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die tomorrow.-James Dean

Veni, Vidi, Vici- Julius Caesar
JoeBlack
White Belt
White Belt

Next

Return to The Armory