Am I just being a bitch?

Dating and Relationship advice

Am I just being a bitch?

Postby NyKrys » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:41 am

Only two things can defeat a man; himself and death.
NyKrys
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Am I just being a bitch?

Postby NyKrys » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:43 am

First of all, hey brothers. Long time, no see. Haven't been on in years... wish I had stayed active.

Anyhow, a lot has changed since My last log in... Lost a bunch of weight, (@burke_lifts on IG is where I'm documenting that particular part of my life), got married, had a kid, got my wife and i a girlfriend, etc... Not exactly that order.

My dilemma stems from the last part of my recent accomplishments: the girlfriend... going in, it was something I had always wanted (a 3som), and still do.. I'm here because I know you guys will be brutally honest and let me know if I'm just being a bitch and need to stop being emotional, or if this is a legit feeling / concern.

Well, the sex is great, as expected. Everything is good on that front.. My problem is that I feel my wife is becoming emotionally attached. I mean, I knew this would happen to some extent, but I'm thinking she's like in love with this other woman. I'm not fearing she'd turn dyke and leave, more along the lines of I'm starting to feel she's just blatantly more interested in the girlfriend. Is this normal? I mean, it is something still new (only a few months old)

Let me know... and let me know if I need to elaborate anywhere.
NyKrys
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Maestro » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:19 pm

You didn't set boundaries and now you're having a poly relationship. Your fault for not discussing ahead of time.

You're married with a kid. Grow the fuck up and get your shit together. Sit down with just the two of you and have a non-confrontational conversation about what both of you are feeling, what your expectations are, what you both want ideally, etc.

If you're insecure, you'll push her away. Be confident, not abrasive. Emotionally confident means you aren't threatened either way.

But when you are trusting and confident, that's a lot more attractive than when you are insecure. My guess is she's just bored. Do something fun that she wouldn't expect. Start a new chapter in your life too. Let her be a little jealous of your time. But be there for her emotionally.

I know, it's a lot. But that's what marriage is.
-Maestro
Project X Alumni
‎"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Alfred Lord Tennyson
Maestro
Brown Belt X
Brown Belt X

Postby NyKrys » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:14 am

Well shit, I guess you're right. It comes down to framing and confidence in my relationship. I knew I was just being a pussy.
NyKrys
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Stephen » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:14 pm

which if you would have stuck around...you would have learned
Respectfully,
Bravo

"Eighty percent of success is showing up" James Allen

When in doubt just think...
WWBD™ = What Would Bravo Do
Stephen
Site Admin/Black Belt
Site Admin/Black Belt

Postby NyKrys » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Bravo wrote:which if you would have stuck around...you would have learned

Touché my friend. It's never too late though, yeah? I mean, I managed to get myself into a good position.
NyKrys
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:25 am

You can be happy for getting yourself into a "good position". Which reads like it isn't now.

Or

Get yourself int a GREAT permanent life.
Respectfully,
Bravo

"Eighty percent of success is showing up" James Allen

When in doubt just think...
WWBD™ = What Would Bravo Do
Stephen
Site Admin/Black Belt
Site Admin/Black Belt

Postby Mikejonesmj » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 am

NyKrys wrote:.......

According to me, thing which can defeat a man is not him or death. It depends on thinking, like person to person thinking. I think you should change your view point in context to the Relationship with the man. :) :)
Mikejonesmj

Return to Dating and Relationship advice